The Council welcomes project proposals that support free, public programs addressing fundamental questions about who we are and how we live in the world we share. The Council's programs emphasize critical thinking skills essential for all citizens to be able to participate in our democracy. North Carolinians of every walk of life, hue, and creed engage in these activities by examining what we value, how we relate to each other, how we cope with change, and how we express ourselves. In particular, the Council encourages programs that explore North Carolina's rich diversity by examining the culture and traditions of specific groups as well as programs that foster cross-cultural understanding.
The Council offers three grant categories:
- Large Grants (More than $2,000 up to $10,000)
- Grassroots Grants (Up to $2,000)
- Planning Grants (Up to $750)
How to Apply
- Review the Council's Grant Guidelines
- Watch this video Tutorial on how to apply using our online application system or download these instructions
- Get started on your application in our online application system.
The Council also offers five programs. Click here to learn more about our programs and how to bring the public humanities to your community.